1. QUALITY The price is based is based on species of bamboo used and when it was harvested. It can as soft as pine or harder than maple. So, you get what you pay for. Teragren bamboo flooring for example, comes with a lifetime structural warranty and a 25-year residential/10-year heavy-use commercial finish warranty.
2. VOC’s Some bamboo floors are emit varying levels of volatile organic compounds (VOC) such as formaldehyde, depending upon how they are manufactured. Teragren's proprietary manufacturing adhesives emit 0.03 ppm or less of formaldehyde, much less than allowed by U.S. OSHA.
3. FINISH A durable finish contributes to the beauty and protects the underlying product. For example, Teragren prefinished products have a water-based, solvent free, 7-coat German finish with an aluminum oxide wear layer to boost abrasion resistance, including two polyurethane topcoats for added protection. It is part of the 25-year residential/10-year heavy-use commercial warranty.
4. ADHESIVE All bamboo products are laminated and the industry standard for this laminating process has long mandated the use of urea-formaldehyde adhesives. However, Teragren's proprietary manufacturing adhesives emit 0.03 ppm or less of formaldehyde, much less than allowed by U.S. OSHA emission standards.
5. LEED CREDITS Does all bamboo flooring qualify for LEED® credits?No. Flooring, like any product used in LEED certified construction, qualifies only if a company can provide documentation under the US Green Building Council’s LEED Green Building Rating System.
6. TRIM AVAILABILITY Teragren is the only bamboo flooring manufacturer that provides a full spectrum of coordinating tim pieces; thresholds, reducers, T-moldings, stair treads and nosings, parts, casings, and floor vents. And that is huge, because it allow you to finish your project, have full stair treads, with nosing on the second floor.
As a flooring contractor and owner of a flooring store, Teragren is the only bamboo that I can recommended as I am not only selling product I am selling my reputation! It’s all green, but don’t see red when the cheap stuff doesn’t hold up. Does anyone have any stories about being disappointed about buying inexpensive bamboo?
Need samples, more information...please email me at email@example.com or leave a comment. Diane Kazan, the “Flooring Lady”.