Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Statuary Marble Bathroom


I prefer Statuary Marble over the more common White Carrera as it has a cleaner, whiter background and the grey veins as more sharp. Shown in the photo is the Master Bath at the Dean of the Commons Residence, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee. My installers started with a 18" x 18" and cut it to 16" x 16" and polished each edge for the bathroom floors and shower walls as specified by the architect. It was further reduced to 4" x 4" for the shower floor. Of course, in that it was a natural stone, no finishing pieces were required, just a litte polishing on cut edges. A "slab" of Statuary Marble was use on the tub deck and tub surround. A project to be proud of!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your helpful comment yesterday! I love the marble you've featured. Maybe I can use some when we do our ensuite..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the statuary white marble as well. I bought mine from premiummarble.ecrater.com and the quality was great. I noticed that a lot of places had a duller looking statuary but the sample I got from premium marble was very white with nice looking grays.

    Their e-mail is premiumflooring@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete